Starting from January 10, 2020, the verification is mandatory on EXMO. This is related to the entry into force of the Fifth Directive Anti Money Laundering (5AMLD). The Directive contains requirements for the mandatory verification for all cryptocurrency platforms clients following the KYC and AML standards.
There are several stages of the verification:
- Identity Verification
- Selfie photo Verification
- Address Verification *
- Card Verification *
Mandatory verification steps are: verification of identity and selfie-photo.
* The verification of the address and card are not mandatory. But after passing them, those additional services will be available for the use:
- bank transfer (SEPA / Wire Transfer)
- deposit and withdrawal of funds via card, depending on the selected payment method and currency
To complete verification:
- Select Account Verification option in user account.
- Fill out all the fields and upload all the necessary documents in required format.
When the verification is successfully completed, there will be a green mark displayed in Account Verification section, indicating that user’s account is “Verified”. Also the notification of successful verification will be sent in Private Messages.